CISRS Basic Scaffold Inspection
This CISRS accredited course will develop your understanding of scaffolding components, forms of construction and the inspection procedures for basic access scaffolds and how to comply with current legislation and Codes of Practice.
CISRS would expect delegates to have awareness and experience of scaffolding structures, which would have come from time spent in their individual industry sector e.g. construction, engineering, manufacturing, offshore etc. This experience would be required to be confirmed by the production of a CV with contactable references and/or certificates. Examples of acceptable experience are –
- Delegate holds current CISRS Scaffolder/Advanced Card
- Delegate has previously attended a scaffold appreciation/awareness course.
- Delegate has previously attended a Scaffold Inspection course.
- You must have a good understanding of spoken and written English
Health & Safety Requirement
You must either be able to provide evidence of passing a CITB Health, safety and environment (HS&E) test within the last 23 months; or you must hold at least one of the following:
- Current CCNSG Passport to Safety
- NEBOSH Construction certificate (taken within 23 months)
- Current Offshore Survival certificate/Card
- FAS Safe Pass
- SMSTS (taken within 23 months)
- SSSTS (taken within 23 months).
Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area
This CISRS basic scaffold inspection course is designed for members of management or supervisors who are responsible for inspecting scaffolds, and completing reports in accordance the Work at Height Regulations 2005.
To give the attendees the knowledge to enable them to understand how to inspect basic scaffolding structures according to Work at Height Regulations.
- Introduction to Scaffolding & Scaffolding Terminology
- The Work at Height Regulations 2005
- British, European and Industry Standards (NASC)
- Overview of SG4:15 – Preventing Falls in Scaffolding Operations
- Tube, fittings & boards
- Safe ladder access and egress
- Scaffolders training and working methods
- Bracing and tying scaffolds
- Fan boards and public protection
- Mobile, static and loading towers
- Birdcage scaffolds
- Beams and bridging beams
- Various types of system scaffolding
- How to carry out a scaffolding inspection
- Scaffold tagging systems
- Scaffold inspection exercise
- Knowledge test and assessment.
Successful delegates of this scaffold inspection course will receive a CISRS Completion Certificate, and we will apply for the CISRS Basic Scaffold Inspection card on your behalf. Delegates are required to bring a passport photograph and current CSkills health and safety test or valid exemption in order to be officially certified.
Limited spaces, book this course today
Book online or call us on 0345 602 2418Book this course now
Scaffolding Fitting Falls 20m & Hits PedestrianFind out more
Organisations charged with health and safety breaches following scaffolder deathFind out more >
Skill Scaffolding successfully retain RISQS accreditationFind out more >
Simian’s fundraising in 2018Find out more
Major Scaffold Collapse in Gibraltar – VideoFind out more
The scaffolding industry in 2018Find out more >