Safe Management of Temporary Works (SMTW) (1day)
Scaffolding safety training in the safe management of temporary works
This scaffolding safety course is aimed at construction sector management and those responsible for the planning, procurement, management and control of temporary works in building and civil engineering.
To give the attendees of this scaffolding health and safety programme increased basic knowledge and awareness of the legal and industry requirements for the safe management of temporary works; delivered by construction, building and civil engineering contractors.
- Introduction and welcome
- Course scope, aims & objectives
- Overview of temporary works
- Legal overview (CDM 07, WAH 05)
- British & European standards (BS5975, BS EN 12811, BS EN 13374 etc.)
- Industry performance standards (HSE ACoPs/guidance, industry guidance)
- Proprietary equipment manufacturers’ information
- Temporary works roles & competence
- TW engineer
- TW coordinators
- TW supervisors.
- Temporary works design
- Design competence
- Design brief
- Checking and verification
- Temporary works procedures
- Design control
- Managing variations
- Commissioning, permits, inspections
- Coordination & supervision on-site
- Quality assurance
- Temporary works – structures
- Falsework (propping, shoring, façade retention, etc.)
- Access scaffolding & edge protection
- Fencing & hoarding.
- Tower cranes
- Mobile cranes
- Test paper
- Summary & review.
Limited spaces, book this course today
Book online or call us on 0345 602 2418Book this course now
Van becomes trapped under scaffolding in DevonFind out more
Fire rips through scaffolding in SydneyFind out more >
£65k fines for two companies following subcontractor fall from heightFind out more >
Simon’s 600-mile cycle in MallorcaFind out more
Hertfordshire Scaffolder suffers broken leg following fall from heightFind out more
Simian complete successful CISRS OSTS annual accreditation auditFind out more >