We have recently supported our long-time client, Skill Scaffolding, in achieving the much sought after NASC membership.
We have been working alongside Skill Scaffolding for many years now, training its workforce, assisting with RISQS accreditation, drafting and implementing their SMS and carrying out site inspections, and in that time, the Skill business has gone from strength to strength. We were asked to support them in their application for NASC membership, something which we were very happy to do. There are many different aspects that a business must comply with in order to achieve membership, these are:
Basic Criteria for NASC membership
- Trading for two full years as a limited company
- Vat registered
- Adequate levels of insurance
- A minimum of 75% of yard and site operatives employed directly by the company
- Full records of trained scaffolding operatives (minimum of 90%)
- Registered with the Construction Industry Training Board (CITB)
- Meet health and safety requirements, including a signed H&S Policy Statement, evidence that it meets legislation, completion of NASC annual accident return
- Work to the standards laid out in NASC guidance
- Ensure high levels of security with regards to scaffolding plant and equipment owned by the business
- Operate terms and conditions of employment in accordance with the Construction Industry Joint Council (CIJC)
- Abide by the NASC Code of Conduct and NASC Byelaws and Rules
- Provide evidence of management and supervision of its workforce
Alongside our support in completing the application form, over the past few months we have carried out additional site inspections to ensure they were entirely ready for their audit.
Speaking of gaining NASC membership, Director at Skill Scaffolding, Alison Rogers, has said: “The SIMIAN team have gone above and beyond the call of duty, to ensure we were fully prepared to complete our application and successfully achieve NASC membership. This membership will open up new doors for our service capabilities that we were previously unable to take on due to the fact we weren’t accredited. We have many accreditations as a business, but this is one we are particularly proud to have achieved.”
Dave Burrows, Senior Consultant at SIMIAN, commented: “It’s been a real pleasure working with the Skill Scaffolding team over the years. They are a really friendly and professional outfit and it’s fantastic to see that our partnership with them is helping the business move forward in the industry.
They are an open book as far as safety is concerned and they deserve the rewards they’ll get from taking such a pro-active approach. We’ve just opened discussions with them about seeking certification in the 45001, 9001 and 14001 ISOs and we’re looking forward to helping them move on to the next stage.
SIMIAN has an enviable record in helping clients with a whole host of accreditations and we can help businesses of all shapes and sizes achieve the standards required to operate at the higher end of the scaffolding market.”
Those considering external accreditation, including NASC membership, are free to contact our team for free, friendly and no obligation advice, on 0345 6022 418, or by email, at email@example.com.