International Basic Scaffolder (5 day)
This course is aimed at trainee scaffolders who require basic scaffolding skills training. Carried out at our approved centre or on client’s sites.
To give the attendees such knowledge and skills to enable them to erect, alter and dismantle basic scaffolding structures in traditional tube and fitting and common system scaffolds.
Successful delegates will receive a Simian Skill ‘International Scaffolder’ Certificate of Training and an ‘International Scaffolder’ Record Card for Basic Scaffolder.
- Statutory Regulations and Codes of Practice
- BS EN 12811 and TG20:08
- Safe Handling and Inspection of Materials (Manual Handling)
- Preventing Falls in Scaffolding (SG4)
- Safe Use and Inspection of Safety Harnesses
- Ropes, Knots & Hitches
- Types and Uses of Tube, Fittings and Boards
- Assessing Material Requirements for Basic Scaffolds
- Safe Access Methods
- Interpretation of Simple Drawings
- Erect and Dismantle Basic Scaffolds:
- Independent (With Return)
- Tower (Static and Mobile)
- Alterations to Scaffolds
- Skills Test (Practical)
- Knowledge Test (Theory)
Scaffolders can progress to Intermediate Scaffolder after 6 months further experience.
Want to book an international course?
Speak to our International team on: 00 971 43 695 067
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
September’s Apprentice AchieversFind out more
SIMIAN supports Skill Scaffolding to achieve NASC membershipFind out more >
Meet Kim EcclesFind out more >
Pedestrian struck by hammer that fell from scaffoldingFind out more
The Australian scaffolding industry put on notice following large-scale safety concernsFind out more
£20k fine for company following worker fallFind out more >