International Basic Scaffolder (5 day)
This course is aimed at trainee scaffolders who require basic scaffolding skills training. Carried out at our approved centre or on client’s sites.
To give the attendees such knowledge and skills to enable them to erect, alter and dismantle basic scaffolding structures in traditional tube and fitting and common system scaffolds.
Successful delegates will receive a Simian Skill ‘International Scaffolder’ Certificate of Training and an ‘International Scaffolder’ Record Card for Basic Scaffolder.
- Statutory Regulations and Codes of Practice
- BS EN 12811 and TG20:08
- Safe Handling and Inspection of Materials (Manual Handling)
- Preventing Falls in Scaffolding (SG4)
- Safe Use and Inspection of Safety Harnesses
- Ropes, Knots & Hitches
- Types and Uses of Tube, Fittings and Boards
- Assessing Material Requirements for Basic Scaffolds
- Safe Access Methods
- Interpretation of Simple Drawings
- Erect and Dismantle Basic Scaffolds:
- Independent (With Return)
- Tower (Static and Mobile)
- Alterations to Scaffolds
- Skills Test (Practical)
- Knowledge Test (Theory)
Scaffolders can progress to Intermediate Scaffolder after 6 months further experience.
Want to book an international course?
Speak to our International team on: 00 971 43 695 067
or email: email@example.com
Simian welcome Adie Homes to the Weston-Super-Mare teamFind out more
Sun awareness week: is your scaffolding workforce protected against solar radiation?Find out more >
Simian’s new training centre in Weston-Super-MareFind out more >
Scaffold apprentice injured following fallFind out more
Simian represent NASC at the Health & Safety Event 2018Find out more
February’s Scaffolding Apprenticeship NewsFind out more >