Scaffolder Rescue (1/2 day)
A scaffolding safety course specialising in the safe rescue of workers
This scaffolding safety rescue course is aimed at scaffolders, foremen, supervision and management.
Attendees on this scaffold training course will learn the knowledge and skills to enable them to effectively plan and facility rescue and recovery of a scaffolder suspended by Personal Fall Protection Equipment (PFPE). Course can be tailored to suit clients own arrangements and rescue equipment
- Introduction and welcome
- Aims & objectives
- NASC Safety Guidance
- SG4 – Preventing falls (Rescue only)
- SG19 – Rescue planning.
- Rescue equipment
- Remote kits (Scaffpack/Gotcha)
- Retractable inertia reels
- Fully assisted kits.
- Rescue techniques
- Rescue without specialist rescue equipment
- Use of access equipment for rescue
- Remote rescue techniques for scaffolders suspended in free-space
- Fully assisted rescue for scaffolders suspended in free-space.
- Role of the emergency services
- HSE first aid advice
- Syndicate exercise – prepare rescue plan for a given scenario
- Practical rescue exercises & assessments
- Simulation of a scaffolder suspended within/adjacent to the structure (e.g. tower, independent or birdcage scaffolds)
- Simulation of a scaffolder suspended in free-space using retractable inertia lines (e.g. cantilever, drop-lift, hung, truss-out, protection fan).
- Simulation of a scaffolder suspended in free-space using remote rescue equipment (e.g. bridging with beams, gantry, temporary roofs (with voids).
- Test paper
- Summary & close.
Successful delegates on this scaffolding training course will receive a Simian Skill certificate of training achievement.
Want to book an international course?
Speak to our International team on: 00 971 43 695 067
or email: email@example.com
A look back on 2019 for the scaffolding industry and SIMIANFind out more
Simian and NASC assist Ex-ServicemanFind out more >
Meet the team – Michelle ShawFind out more >
High praise from employers for Weston Training CentreFind out more
High winds tear down scaffoldingFind out more
Meet our Instagram winner – Matt OwenFind out more >