Safe Management of Temporary Works (1 day)
A CISRS basic scaffold inspection training programme
This scaffolding safety course is aimed at construction sector management and those responsible for the planning, procurement, management and control of temporary works in buildings and civil engineering.
The aim of this scaffold training is to give the attendees increased basic knowledge and awareness of the legal and industry requirements for the safe management of temporary works, by construction, building and civil engineering contractors.
- Introduction and welcome
- Course scope, aims & objectives
- Overview of temporary works
- Legal overview (CDM 07, WAH 05).
- British & European Standards (BS5975, BS EN 12811, BS EN 13374 etc.)
- Industry Performance Standards (HSE ACoP’s/Guidance, Industry Guidance)
- Proprietary equipment manufacturers’ information
- Temporary works roles & competence
- TW engineer
- TW coordinators
- TW supervisors.
- Temporary works – Design
- Design competence
- Design brief
- Checking and verification.
- Temporary works – Procedures
- Design control
- Managing variations
- Commissioning, permits, inspections
- Coordination & supervision on site
- Quality assurance.
- Temporary works – Structures
- Falsework (propping, shoring, façade retention, etc.)
- Fencing & hoarding.
- Tower cranes
- Mobile cranes
- Test paper
- Summary & review.
Want to book an international course?
Speak to our International team on: 00 971 43 695 067
or email: email@example.com
Meet the trainer – Sheldon McGeeverFind out more
What to look for when recruiting a scaffold apprenticeFind out more >
Meet the trainer – Adie HolmesFind out more
What will 2019 bring for scaffolding safety?Find out more >