SG19 Scaffolder Rescue (1/2 day)
Fall protection and rescue training for scaffolders
This scaffolding health and safety course is aimed at scaffolders, foremen, supervision staff and members of management.
The purpose of this scaffolding safety training is to give the attendees knowledge and skills to effectively plan and facility rescue and recovery of a scaffolder suspended by Personal Fall Protection Equipment (PFPE). The course can be tailored to suit clients own arrangements and rescue equipment.
Successful delegates will receive a Simian Skill certificate of training achievement.
- Introduction and welcome
- Aims & objectives
- Overview of temporary works
- Legal overview – Work at Height Regulations 2005 (rescue only)
- NASC Safety Guidance
- SG4 – preventing falls (rescue only)
- SG19 – rescue planning
- Rescue equipment
- Remote kits (Scaffpack/Gotcha)
- Retractable inertia reels
- Fully assisted kits
- Rescue techniques
- Rescue without specialist rescue equipment
- Use of access equipment for rescue
- Remote rescue techniques for scaffolders suspended in free-space
- Fully-assisted rescue for scaffolders suspended in free-space
- Role of the emergency services
- HSE first aid advice
- Syndicate exercise – prepare rescue plan for a given scenario
- Practical rescue exercises & assessments
- Simulation of a scaffolder suspended within/adjacent to the structure (e.g. tower, independent or birdcage scaffolds)
- Simulation of a scaffolder suspended in free-space using retractable inertia lines (e.g. cantilever, drop-lift, hung, truss-out, protection fan)
- Simulation of a scaffolder suspended in free-space using remote rescue equipment (e.g. bridging with beams, gantry, temporary roofs (with voids)
- Test paper
- Summary & review.
Successful delegates will receive a Simian Skill certificate as proof of completing this scaffolding training programme.
Limited spaces, book this course today
Book online or call us on 0345 602 2418Book this course now
ECITB Denies ‘Rogue Scheme’ ClaimsFind out more
Simian International & NTI open new Omani CISRS centreFind out more >
Our team renew their knowledge of scaffold rescueFind out more >
Congratulations to Jess HollowellFind out more