Safe Management of Temporary Works (SMTW) (1day)
Scaffolding safety training in the safe management of temporary works
This scaffolding safety course is aimed at construction sector management and those responsible for the planning, procurement, management and control of temporary works in building and civil engineering.
To give the attendees of this scaffolding health and safety programme increased basic knowledge and awareness of the legal and industry requirements for the safe management of temporary works; delivered by construction, building and civil engineering contractors.
- Introduction and welcome
- Course scope, aims & objectives
- Overview of temporary works
- Legal overview (CDM 07, WAH 05)
- British & European standards (BS5975, BS EN 12811, BS EN 13374 etc.)
- Industry performance standards (HSE ACoPs/guidance, industry guidance)
- Proprietary equipment manufacturers’ information
- Temporary works roles & competence
- TW engineer
- TW coordinators
- TW supervisors.
- Temporary works design
- Design competence
- Design brief
- Checking and verification
- Temporary works procedures
- Design control
- Managing variations
- Commissioning, permits, inspections
- Coordination & supervision on-site
- Quality assurance
- Temporary works – structures
- Falsework (propping, shoring, façade retention, etc.)
- Access scaffolding & edge protection
- Fencing & hoarding.
- Tower cranes
- Mobile cranes
- Test paper
- Summary & review.
Limited spaces, book this course today
Book online or call us on 0345 602 2418Book this course now
Meet the employer Apprenticeship EventFind out more
Construction worker killed in fall at West London siteFind out more >
Apprenticeship Event – Meet the Employer!Find out more
Simian International launch the next step in expert scaffolding trainingFind out more >