Overview of Service
- Be an experienced scaffolder with knowledge of industrial projects and be there to advise both trade leads and scaffolding operatives
- Assume responsibility for the assigned project scaffolding and be the go to person between the client and contractor
- Assist to supervise, plan, and schedule scaffolding related work activities in line with the needs of the individual trades
- Liaises with other trade coordinators to manage manpower and material and ensure that the scaffolds that are required are fit for purpose (Making sure men and materials is not underutilised in other areas)
- Coordinate the activities of the scaffold contractors ensuring the design of the scaffold (if needed) is correct and implementation goes ahead as per the plan.
- Ensures that workers on project are trained and knowledgeable of specifications and work procedures, and that work is being performed in conformance with specified quality requirements.
- Plan required work activities to ensure that design drawings, tools, equipment, and materials are available.
- Manages and coordinates the activities of contractors within an area of assigned discipline in conjunction with contracts other trade leads.
- Monitors the activities of assigned contractors and ensures compliance with project safety policies.
- Play an active role in the development of the safety culture on the project, making safety a natural part of all work performed. Leads by example at all times
- Remain knowledgeable of safety policies and procedures as well as performs assigned duties in a safe manner and, while supervising others, has responsibility for their safety and ensures that they comply with established safety policies and procedures and practice safe work habits
- Controls change/scope creep, ensuring that all scope changes are quickly and properly documented, and that change orders are approved prior to the performance of work
- Schedules work activities and manpower requirements to meet established completion dates
- Reviews work assignments with craft supervisors and gives instruction relative to the methods and procedures to be used as well as desired results
- Monitors construction activities to ensure work efficiency and that quality and workmanship meet project standards and specifications
- Works closely with the Module Leads to maintain onsite standards.
- Good understanding of Risk Assessments, Method Statements and Rescue
Want to discuss a project?
Speak to our International team on: 00 971 43 695 067
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Firm Fined After Scaffolding FallFind out more
Apprenticeship Event – Meet the Employer!Find out more >
Simian International launch the next step in expert scaffolding trainingFind out more >
Scaffolding safety has improvedFind out more